Ingredients for 8 eggplants:
2 tablespoons Tea N spice's Raisin and Almond Seasoning for Rice
2 tablespoons Tea N spice's Baharat Seasoning for Rice and Meat
300 grams of ground beef
200 grams of dried fruit (plums, apricots, figs)
3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 teaspoon Baharat
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
Salt, black pepper
Raw tehini for garnish
Ingredients for the sauce:
3/4 glass of red wine
1/4 cup Dates Syrup
For the final glaze: 3 tablespoons of Dates Syrup mixed with a little water
Ingredients for caramelized onions:
2 large onions cut into rings
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, salt, black pepper
- Cut the edge of the eggplant and remove the inside. You can also cut the eggplant in half and remove the inside to make an eggplant bowl.
- Chop the dried fruit, place in a bowl along with the meat and mix. Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the meat mixture for about 3 minutes, until the color changes, while crumbling it a little.
3. Turn off the heat and add the crushed garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons of each of Tea N spices Rice seasonings (you can add more cinnamon in addition, if you like), salt, pepper and chopped parsley. Allow the meat mixture to cool slightly before filling.
- Fill the eggplants with the mixture. Heat some oil in a large pot. Fry the stuffed eggplants until golden.
- Preheat the oven to a high heat (400 degrees). Place all the stuffing in the pan. Mix the red wine and sesame seeds, and pour over the eggplants. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 50 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil, pour the dates syrup glaze over the eggplants and bake for a few more minutes. , Until the eggplants are brown and shiny.
- Caramelized onion: Heat the onion with the oil over a very low flame
About 15 minutes - 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent. Add the brown sugar and vinegar and mix, continuing to cook for another ten minutes over a low flame.Serving: Serve the stuffed eggplants, drizzle raw tehini over them and place around the caramelized onion, you can garnish with parsley leaves.